Green tea with a piece of almond cake…wow what a combination! This cake is a perfect cake for an evening tea party, light to eat and a nutty flavor of almonds in it. It tastes wonderful with any kind of hot beverage. Give it a try and do let me know if you liked it.!
⅓ cup almonds soaked for 1 hr
1 cup almond milk
1 tsp apple cider vinegar / lemon
1 ¼ cup all purpose Flour
⅔ cup sugar
1 ½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
⅓ cup canola oil or ⅓ cup deodorized coconut oil (at room temperature)
1½ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup fresh cranberries (optional. If using dried cranberries, soak them in water for half an hour)
- Pre-heat the oven to 375F
- Coat a 9″ round cake pan with oil.
- In a blender, blend almonds with almond milk and add apple cider vinegar to it and keep it on the side for 5 minutes. Add sugar after 5 minutes
- In a big bowl, sift flour and baking powder and add salt.
- If using coconut oil, use your fingers to mix coconut oil in flour. Otherwise, mix canola oil with vanilla extract and add it to the almond mixture.
- Mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients and add cranberries to it (optional) and bake it in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in it comes out clean.
- Serve with tea or coffee and enjoy!