All Chocolate desserts are close to my heart. One of my favorite places Le Pain Quotidien has these awesome mini brownies, little dark and very deep flavored. Since long time I have been trying to make eggless version of brownies to taste as good as those, and finally here it is. The recipe uses pitted dates and roasted walnuts. Its festive season, so indulge a little and enjoy this brownie with a yummy coconut pineapple ice-cream 🙂 .
For a gluten free version, just substitute with an equal quantity of gluten free flour.
Serving Size: 8 inch Pan (4 – 5 servings)
2/3 cup pitted dates
1 cup maple syrup or 3/4 cup whole milk/almond milk + 1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 flax eggs (2 tbsp flax seeds in 6 tbsp water for 5 minutes)
1/2 cup melted butter
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
2/3 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup chocolate chip
1/4 cup roasted walnut
- In a blender, mix dates with maple syrup and let it blend nicely.
- Mix flax eggs, vanilla extract and blend it for 5 more minutes.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- Mix wet ingredients and dry ingredients and fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Bake in a baking pan for 12 -15 minutes
- Serve warm with maple glazed strawberries and whipped cream or ice cream.