Prateek [ my better half 🙂 ] is a big fan of french toast. I am always very keen on making them in order to make him happy. It is true “the way to man’s heart is through his stomach” 😉 . I love this dish because I can present it in various ways and it looks beautiful all the time and tastes yummy. Its really easy to make and you can always use the day old bread kept in your house. It is a perfect healthy breakfast and a good start to your day – Eggs, berries, juice and of course my favourite – bread 🙂
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon cream
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoon butter
4 slices of bread (thick slices of any kind of bread)
- In a bowl, whisk eggs and cream together and add a pinch of salt.
- Transfer the mixture into a square pan. Dip the bread slices in the mixture and coat both the sides. Let the bread sit in the mixture for 20 – 30 seconds.
- Take a nonstick pan and add 1/2 tablespoon butter in it at low flame. Let the butter melt.
- Add the coated bread to the pan and cook both the sides evenly.
- Repeat the process for the other slices. Serve it with maple syrup, honey or cinnamon and powdered sugar.
- You can always coat the bread with crushed oats after coating it with eggs and then they will be very crunchy.